JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 727

Syngenta: Cellerate Technology Can Benefit Ethanol Producers

  • Thursday, 26 April 2018 14:26

Ethanol Producer Magazine

April 25, 2018

By Syngenta

As ethanol plants seek new ways to be more competitive, advances in corn kernel fiber to ethanol processes have shown significant promise in adding value through the diversification of product streams.

“Over the last decade, existing dry grind ethanol plants have strived to extract value out of the corn kernel through maximizing production and capture of ethanol, carbon dioxide, dried distillers grains (DDG), and oil,” said Miloud Araba, head, technical services for Enogen at Syngenta. “Cellerate process technology converts corn kernel fiber into a diversified income stream and has been producing D3 RIN-qualifying cellulosic ethanol on a commercial scale at Quad County Corn Processors (QCCP) since 2014. QCCP has generated nearly 40 percent of all D3 ethanol RINs produced over the past three and one-half years.”

Performance results achieved at QCCP to date through combining Cellerate with Enogen corn include: a 6 percent yield increase plus a 20 percent throughput increase combined for a 26 percent increase in total ethanol production; higher protein feed co-products; and improved oil yield.

Together, Cellerate and Enogen corn can help deliver notable benefits to ethanol plants beyond what can be achieved through either technology alone—including increased throughput and yield and a notable reduction in natural gas, electricity and water usage.

"Cellerate is a diverse process technology which adds value to protein, increases distillers corn oil production, creates cellulosic ethanol and produces low carbon intense ethanol, all while allowing additional throughput from a dry grind ethanol facility," said QCCP CEO Delayne Johnson.

With an approved D3 RINs EPA pathway for over three years, Cellerate process technology enables ethanol producers to leverage their existing infrastructure and significantly increase total production by using pre-existing assets such as: feedstock receiving and storage; product separation; and final product storage.

“Cellerate process technology provides dry grind ethanol producers the opportunity to move away from low value commodity fuels and dried distillers grains (DDG) and into high value D3 RINs and DDG markets,” said Jeff Oestmann, head, bio-fuels operations for Enogen at Syngenta. “To help make the benefits of Cellerate’s diverse value stream more broadly available, Syngenta is working with a number of industry leaders including Purina, QCCP and Fagen Inc., as well as another top engineering firm in the ethanol space.”

In an upcoming webinar hosted by Ethanol Producer Magazine at 2 p.m. Central on Thursday, April 26, Syngenta and QCCP will discuss how dry grind ethanol plants can leverage corn kernel fiber to be more competitive. Register here.

To inquire about incorporating Cellerate process technology into a dry grind ethanol plant, contact Jeff Oestmann at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. For more information about Cellerate enhanced by Enogen corn, visit www.Enogen.com.

Read the original article: Syngenta: Cellerate Technology Can Benefit Ethanol Producers